Book a Free Consultation
An effective long-term solution to straightening your teeth and correcting your bite is orthodontics. There are two options here at The Staines Centre of Dental Excellence.
There is a solution to having straighter teeth without having to wear metal braces. Known as invisible orthodontics, this type of treatment offers you the choice of wearing a clear and sometimes removable appliance while straightening and aligning your teeth.
This is often a favourable option for adults who have professional careers and don't feel comfortable wearing unsightly 'train track' braces for months on end. The technology behind invisible orthodontics is highly advanced and often gives patients a much shorter treatment time, depending on their individual cases.
Benefits of this type of treatment include having teeth straightened in a generally shortened period of time, straighter teeth and alignment of your top and bottom jaws. You can also enjoy the flexibility of your braces being hidden from an untrained eye, making you feel less self-conscious when socialising or speaking in public. With removable devices you can also take them out to eat or for special occasions, so they fit around your lifestyle.
It is important to remember that straighter teeth are healthier teeth. When your bite is properly aligned and your teeth are straightened, there are less gaps and areas for food to get trapped and plaque to build up on the teeth, causing decay. In that sense, invisible orthodontics is a long-term investment in your oral health.
Orthodontics is a subspecialty area in dentistry that focuses on aligning and straightening teeth using wires and brackets, applying gentle pressure to the teeth to move them into a particular position. The discipline has advanced over decades and today treatment is a lot faster and more comfortable than it was in the past. Here is an overview of orthodontics:
- Patients who have problems with their bite and the way their top and bottom teeth line up against each other are good candidates for orthodontic treatment.
- Impressions, photos and x-rays are taken at the start of treatment to determine the course of action.
- Brackets are bonded to individual teeth and wires clip onto them that gently guide the teeth into position over time.
- Good oral hygiene habits are essential during treatment and regular visits are required for check-ups and adjustments.
- Straighter teeth are healthier teeth, as there are no gaps for plaque to build up in over time.
- Having an attractive smile will have a positive effect on your confidence.
- Orthodontics is a long-term investment in your oral health.
- Thanks to fixed permanent retention you can be assured that your teeth won't move after treatment is completed.
I would not hesitate to recommend your centre of excellence to anyone, and actually have persuaded my husband to come and see you.