Book a Free Consultation
If you don't have the time for multiple appointments and you need a crown, veneer or onlay, CEREC could be your solution! Read below for more information.
In today's world, few of us have the time to visit the dentist for multiple appointments in order to receive dental treatment. At the same time, sitting for hours in a dental chair is not ideal either. One solution to this is called CEREC, a state-of-the-art machine that can make permanent crowns, veneers or onlays for you while you are still in the chair. Here is how it works:
- The dentist will prepare your tooth using a small drill.
- A special camera is then used to take an image of your teeth which is then uploaded to the design unit.
- This image is uploaded to a CAD/CAM unit, which creates a 3D model of your new tooth.
- The model is used by a milling machine, which creates your new tooth from a block of high quality ceramic that best matches your surrounding teeth.
- The restoration is then fixed into place.
- Accurate restoration that strengthens and supports the remaining tooth structure.
- Quick and convenient solution that means you don't need an extra visit to the practice, have to wear a temporary fitting for a few weeks or get anaesthesia twice!
- A natural-looking restoration that blends in well with your surrounding teeth.
I would not hesitate to recommend your centre of excellence to anyone, and actually have persuaded my husband to come and see you.